Feels like drive shaft slipping 91 650

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feels like drive shaft slipping 91 650

Engine sounds fine feels like somthing slipping toward back especialy when give a lot of gass will vibrate too then .water comes out pump but dont look right slow eceleration helps a little but not much like the faster you try to go the more slip engine gets hot quick like its turning to fast with no resistance.Thanx

Re: Feels like drive shaft slipping 91 650

Time to inspect the pump for damage.

If you knew,then you'd know!

Comment

iIjust inspected and found a big chunck of propellor missing. Anyone have imput on this how to fix? A resonable priced replacment prop maby? used?

Comment

Here is pic of my prop
        Attached Files

Comment

Those old impellers were made from aluminum..Find a good used stainless impeller.

What's the wear ring look like?

If you knew,then you'd know!

Comment

also install a new jet pump sealing ring...yamaha calls it "Packing"

Comment

Were does jet pump sealing ring go and was there one on ther already?What is a wear ring i cant find it in my manual

Comment

do you know were i could get resanable used impellor 91 650 yama

Comment

googled wear ring its not that badd believe it or not compared to the impellor it has one little push in it but not next to blade it looks alright but i am pretty new to this the wear ring housing has a little hole to but does not go through wear ring.the blades on the pump are a little dented up to but i am on limited buget its a 91 how much do you think a used impeelor would cost or maby impeller shaft and pump fin portion

Comment

http://216.37.204.203/yamaha_OEM/Yam...ype=13&A=8&B=2

This is for a WR650...not sure if thats what you have.But should be similar.

Try ebay for a used impellor...but dont buy a used stock(aluminum) impellor.You can buy a new aluminum one from yamaha for about $120.If you have any damage to the impellor housing...it will affect your ride.Replace it as well....about $160

Its totally up to you what you want to do...But it always helps to do things right,but that could get rather expensive depending on what all is wrong...and what you can get for how much.
                    Visit www.pwctoday.com for techical help

Comment

Ill have an extra impeller tororrow. Brand new NOS from Yamaha. Price is $75 including UPS to US 48 states. e-mail me at leonladiesmanphelps2000@yahoo.com if interested. Impeller is OEM aluminum from Yamaha.
                      Leon Phelps and Ashy Larry, a team made in heaven.

Comment

I just bought a new housing for $130 at parkeryamaha

They expect to get it next week for me.
                        Leon Phelps and Ashy Larry, a team made in heaven.

Comment

Im sorry but i am looking cheaper or brand new so i get the remove tool and new seals brand new for mine extras included on just impeler is 160.00 so used i would want to pay 50.00 then i still have to get seals and tool .The impellor is all i realy need then it will be fine it wont be fastest but still go pretty good.But i thought i would ask you never know who has what there happy to get rid of maby hull was damaged want to get rid of not worth fixing ext.

Comment

Working...
                          X