Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bent impeller

Hello,

My ski took on some water but didnt sink. My impeller is now bent. Is this from pushing the extra weight when I took on the water? The impeller was aluminum.

Thanks for any input.
    Leon Phelps and Ashy Larry, a team made in heaven.

Re: Bent impeller

I think not. Extra water wieght wouldn't have bent it.

Comment

I agree with jol one hundred percent,there is no way water will cause your impeller to bend.It had to been like that way before taking on water and the last i remember the impellers are stainless steel.You have a leeking bolt somewhere around the rideplate or pumpshoe.Keep us informed on what you find
      2003 XLT1200 RIVA STAGE 2

WAVEATER POWERVALVE STUFF
      COMMERCIAL TINY TACH

Comment

The waverunner took on water through the intermediate unit. The bearing went bad and then the housing cracked and water leaked through.

I am still thinking it bent from the extra weight. Lets say 30 gallon will weigh 240 pounds plus my 240. This is 150 over the rated weight for the ski.

The impeller definitely was not grinding before the waverunner sunk. There were some cavitation makes on the impeller, making me think due to the age it was weak and then the extra stress of the weight would make it bend.

I found a guy with old stock aluminum impeller for $10 each. I bought three. With stainless ones at $150 and my ski not being worth all that much, $37 inclusing freight was a good investment. I am now waiting on the driveshaft tool and the impeller. Lets hope the bearings are OK too.

Comment

I found out that the impeller was bent and the housing was warped.

Why do the housings warp? Anyone know if it is possible to buy the sleeve only for the stock housing?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

The aluminum housing corrodes under the stainless liner and makes it buckle. Many of us are fooling around with 10+ year old ski's and rubbing or locked up pumps are a common problem due to age. So far we have not found just the stainless liner. The choice is a new OEM impellor housing with stainless liner or aftermarket with replaceable plastic liner. For my 95 waveventure the plastic was 130 and the stainless was 160 so I went with the stainless as I think it will last longer.
            *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*
            Just because you are paranoid, it doesn't mean people aren't talking about you

Comment

The impellor being out of balance most likely caused shaft vibration and destroyed bearings and seals...causing your water entry.

I think the RIVA stainless housings start around the 2000...check the oem part number to verify....These are the 2 available for yamaha's
              http://www.rivayamaha.com/RivaStore/...20Wear%20Rings

I have replaced both models shown...2 of 1 on an ls2000,and 1 of the other on an 00xll1200....dont remember which went where...too tired atm
              Visit www.pwctoday.com for techical help

Comment

Working...
              X