Myth to be busted or verified

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Myth to be busted or verified

Some time ago I found some info from a producer of performance exhaust pipes.
    It was all based on people always reporting back that its only the cylinder on the far end of rotor that broke down. This company claimed that the reason for this was that the shaft could twist temporary or permanent due to shock to the impeller , this causing bad timing on the cylinder on the far end from timer. And with the perm damage the timing could get several degree of.
    And they claim the the solution to compensate to this problem was to make a little less compression to the far end cylinder.
    Is there any truth to this or is it BS all the way?

I would really like to know more on this matter.

I tried to find info again but nothing so far.

Anyone?
    No , its not a Kawa its a Yama , I just love the color!

Re: Myth to be busted or verified

i HAVE HARD THAT POLORIS IS BAD ABOUT GETTING THE CRANK OUT OF PHASE AFTER THEY GET WATER IN THEM WHILE THEY ARE RUNNING,WATER DOES NOT COMPRESS !! AND i GEUSS THAT CAN HAPPEN ON ANY OF THEM

Comment

Its true. Read about it here

http://www.groupk.com/tec-rearseize.htm

Comment

Ohh. thank you , now I can stuff this in his face , the shop owner who laughed at me when I told him.
        Im now expert but I know a little about a lot.

The more one know, the easier it gets!
        No , its not a Kawa its a Yama , I just love the color!

Comment

interesting reading...I saw a yamaha tripple today with aftermerket head and rear cyl. low compression...I think I will go with that larger rear main jet when I fix it....

Comment

Water will compress under extreme conditions. Not those that a waverunner would produce though. Similar to nuclear fusion. FYI.
            Leon Phelps and Ashy Larry, a team made in heaven.

Comment

a 1300 is stock like that 5.9:1 on cylinder 1 & 2 And 5.7:1 on cylinder 3

Comment

Working...
              X