exaust mystery??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exaust mystery??

ok,i had my wr650 out to day and now i have a mysterious problem.i put the ski in the water today rode it around for 10 min,and as i was putting back to the dock the engine kept stalling out. then i noticed smoke comeing out the front vent as well as the vent near the front of the seat. as i opened the cover i saw a good bit of water in the hull,bout 2 inchs deep. so i dumped out the water and started it back up and started to see exaust smoke comeing from the back part of the engine compartment,,,but no water. i can't see any tears,holes or anything thats disconnected. and i could not feel any water dripping off any of the exaust piseces. also it smokes up the engine compartment running it on the trailer as well,but i have yet to see where it is comeing from. any ideas???,dont know that much about yamaha setups...:emoticonc

Re: exaust mystery??

check large exhaust boot for a small slit on the inside of it's curve...also check it's clamps

Comment

thanks, will do.. will let you know what i find.....

Comment

ok,found out what happened!!!, one of the pump bolts, one of the four that hold the pump unit to the hull fell out!!!!,??? and it was the bolt over the exaust outlet, which is why the water/exaust smoke was in the ski. put a new bolt with sealent on it as well as loctite and now no more problems. also did this with the other three. strange to say the least.

Comment

Working...
        X