This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WaveRaider 1100 Sunk

arent many places it can get in from...either head isnt sealing or somehow its going back thru the waterbox and in that way..I'm guessing the problem is with the head not sealing

Comment

I was reading your thread and was wondering how you are making out? It sounds to me like you may have a cracked head or cylinder on the number 1 and 2 cylinders, or a bad head gasket.

Comment

Running it three minutes without water seems like a long time... the engine was probably pretty hot by then... how long did you let it cool before turning on the cold fresh water and starting it back up?

To soon and you may have cracked the head, cylinder, or even the exhaust manifold which I think is water jacketed itself.
        Do or do not - there is no "try"!

Comment

I am in the same boat. Went on vacation and loaned my 1993 1100 ventura to my step son while I was gone. He flipped it over in the river and could not right it. It took on water before he could get help. I guess he then got it to shore and got help from others to right it. Then they pulled the plugs and cranked it over. Water came out and then were able to start it. It ran after that. When I got home he told me (one week later) I test fired it and it started right up. I then took it out to ride it and it ran very well for about 1/2 hour or so, then just died. It acted flooded. I kept trying to start it and it would not start. I let it set for about 10 min and it started right up. I then went out riding again and rode it for about 45 min and then at full speed it just stopped. Seemed like it just ran out of gas. It showed fuel on the gauge and I turned it to reserve to be safe. (It sputtered just slightly when it died.) It now wont start. I checked for spark and it has spark. That is as far as I went. (This was day before yesterday when I had it running and rode it.) I was thinking perhaps there was water somewhere that needed to be drained. It ran good when it was running. 50 miles per hour. Any advice would help. Thanks Dan.

I have now removed all spark plugs, placed my thumb over each plug hole and turned it over, seams like compression is ok yet a little weaker on inside (Middle) cylinder. With a small clear hose I put drops of gas in all cylinders. It fired up instantly then died. Tried to start again and it took a min then started. Running in my garage for about 5 seconds appears normal. I shut it down. It will start if I start it. I am sure it will fail if I ride it for any time. What would be the cause? I do know from what I have read that the fuel pump works off of vacuum so I assume that it could have a small pin hole sucking air although it is hard to tell. With this machine upside down in the water could it get water in the fuel tank? Does the fuel tank draw from the bottom or does it float in the fuel? I think if water was in the tank that it would draw it in first sucking gas from the bottom. Yet I am not sure how this fuel system works. (Thats my update.)
          Last edited by Reudly; 07-09-2006, 01:44 PM.

Comment

The SBT Forums are for SBT Product Support ONLY. For all general PWC support/discussion, please post on www.pwctoday.com.

Thank you - SBT Mgt.
            SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
            We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
            Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
            X