1100 raider carb issue and crash !!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1100 raider carb issue and crash !!!!

:emoticonb So I called SBT today and was told to check the mid range jets in all carbs and found them to be clear. Triple checked everything and even open my idle mixute by 1/4 more than stock. Even got a small mirror into the intake to look at the reeds and no problem. But I do have this question with the carbs removed, if I blow into the fuel line intake should alittle air come out of the return tube going back to the tank ???

Well anyways I figured I would go to the lake for a few mintues today and check it out.

It ran ok with the bogging issue but you could tell it was still there alittle. So the lake wasn't crowed at all today so I figured I would do some WOT runs. Got it up to 62MPH on the dream meter when all of a sudden I looked up and a ski boat going slow, wake grew bigger and bigger and wham bam I saw my life go before me. The good ole Raider 1100 through the ridder off issue.

I spent from 5pm to 11pm in the ER and fractured my Tuberosity in my left shoulder. Thank god I was wearing my life jacket because I blacked out twice in the water. The doctor said he has never seen this type of fracture. He's like " your muscle literally ripped your bone." How did you do this again?? "

Oh well so far it looks like my days of working on things is gone possibly for good. I mean I never got the raider fixed but it doesnt matter now since I will not be able to ride for awhile.

But I got on my knees and prayed like crazy tonight to God because it could have been so so much worse.

Thanks to all and see y'll sometime later down the road.
    sigpic
    Chad C
    Mauldin, SC
    2007 FX Cruiser
Working...
X