vxr pro questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vxr pro questions.

ok guys im not new to the whole pwc world but i have a 93 vxr pro that is giving me hell. it runs for about 20 min then it is trying to over heat hits limp mode and all that good stuff. so i discovered that the water inlet line from the pump to the motor seemed to be clogged so i washed it out. i would now like to put a water bypass on it so i could see when i have enough water in the top end. my question is where to tap on to do this. i already checked on hlsm.com and it seems to be done. any help on this would be well taken. thank you

Re: vxr pro questions.

the reason its running fine for 20 minutes, is because of your second problem, coolant water. There a temp sensor, that goes into the cylinder head that makes your ski go no higher then around 3500 RPMS, saying your overheating. Itll be like your ski is having ignition problems, misfiring. For coolant water, are you saying that the line from the pump housing is clogged? or the freshwater flush line. Have you attempted fresh water flushing?

Also, on the front cylinder, theres a small nipple with black hose leading into the exhaust. Attach a hose, start the engine up, and disconnect this tube from the exhaust. If only smoke or a fine fine mist comes out, drill the nipple out to get the gunk out (dont drill out the metal), try flushing again, water should come out of this tube, not necessarily fast, but it should come out. It may take 10-15 seconds for water to come out, what this line is is a bleed line, to allow the air to escape the coolant passages in the head, and let it fill with water. If its not coming out, your cylinder head has air bubbles, making it hot, causing your therm sensor to pop on.

Again, have you had it running on the hose? This will most likely clear up your problem with a clogged line.

Also, does your jetski even HAVE a flush kit installed? The VXR PRO didnt come with one, you had to buy it aftermarket. If it doesnt, go to a dealer and pick up a simple one, just a nipple, and a hose connection. The flush kit installs in the base of the exhaust elbow. There's a screw that they put in there to block it off when off the factory line located near the garden hose type tube leading into the cylinder head.

Comment

heres a photo of where to install a flush kit (assuming you dont have one)

and where the black tube (bleed air tube) is, and also the cylinder coolant tube (garden hose like)
      Attached Files

Comment

it does have a flush kit on it and it runs very cool when on the hose. when it is in the water though all i get is white steam out of the small line that goes from the head to the exhasut. i just bought the vxr not very long ago and today was only the 2nd time i have had a chance to take it out. i did have some build up in then inlet line coming from pump to the motor. i got that cleaned out and now i would like to have a water bypass that i could put on a through hull fittign so i could be sure about the colling. i am also considering pulling the head off to make sure there is nothing blocking the cooling there. thanks for the tips.

Comment

bypass hose hook up???

Comment

make sure you replace the head gasket in taking of the head (if you do) they are one-time uses. OEM yamaha is 36 dollars for it (plus shipping), but SBT sells them here for 21 dollars, 7 dollars shipping (i think)

http://www.sbtontheweb.com/Merchant2...gory_Code=48-4

Also, try taking off the line from jet pump to housing, and blow some compressed air and water through it, see if theres weeds or mud in there

Comment

i already blew the line out and ordered the head gasket it will be here friday. now all i need to do is put a pisser on it but i dont know where to hook up to?

Comment

Originally posted by ShaneGP800
                i already blew the line out and ordered the head gasket it will be here friday. now all i need to do is put a pisser on it but i dont know where to hook up to?
                why do you need to put a pisser on it? In flushing it, it will essentially make water go reverse through the coolant lines, so water will come out the exhaust from the back, and a bit through the intake line from the jet pump

Comment

i want to add the pisser on so when i am riding i can have the reassurence that i have water running throught he motor

Comment

installing it anywhere will result in a loss of cooling water for the exhaust system

Comment

i was thinking a very small one off the little tiny hose on the front side of the head that looks liek a bleeder line anyways

Comment

I wouldnt recommend it. As long as you have it running cool and fine, then theres no need to add on stuff that wasnt designed for the ski. By the way, so little water comes out of the bleeder line, making it really long would only have tiny drops at a time coming out, not a steady flow like you'd want, its not an accurate gauge of checking water in the head

Comment

Working...
                        X