Preferred oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preferred oil

I have an 02 Yamaha XLT800 and a 97 Polaris SLT780.

The dealer for the Yamaha said that for the warranty period I should use Yamalube Blue to make sure Yamaha would cover any warranty issues. This is probably a come on to get me to pay the $20 + per gallon. Do I have to?

Well actually No you dont have to. as long as the oil has a TCW3 rating you can use it. but if you have a catalitic converter on the ski supposedly any other oil but yamaha is supposed to clog it. Doesnt matter though cause by 70 hours they break up inside
    Rob

Comment

Also by Law if the manufacturer states that you MUST use their oil for the warranty period than they are supposed to supply it for free.
      so as long as its TCW3 rated they cant refuse warranty, they can cry and moan about it but they cant refuse warranty. thats why if you read the manual it states you must use Yamalube or a TCW# rated oil.
      sea doo states you must use Sea doo oil or a API TC rated oil
      The salesman was telling you that because he wants you to buy the yamaha oil. To tell you the truth 20$ a gallon of oil is nto really a bad price and they cant say anythign since youre using yamalube oil
      Rob

Comment

Working...
      X