where does hose connect?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where does hose connect?

I just bought this and the guy told me it takes on water...I found a hose dissconnected on the back of the motor that says wash...does any one know where this connects? it has a fitting on the end of it but cannot find where to put it.
    thanks
    Jimmy

Re: where does hose connect?

Well, it may be your flush fitting, some of them deemed 'quick fittings' look quite odd, did he tell you if it had a flush kit installed?

Comment

no he didn't..would that cause water to be inside of hull? he said you can ride it for 15 min...then have to take out of water and drain about 3 gal of water... says it is making the clutch slip.

Comment

I wouldn't worry to much about that clutch, just keep your foot off of it. Stick the ski in the water and look under your seat for leaks. If it leaks, fix it, if it doesn't leak then start it up, look under the seat again and see where the water is coming from. Then post your results. Good luck.

Comment

do what antwon said, try putting it in for fifteen, and see what it does (then tie it down and start the engine and watch for leaks in engine). The only way it would leak from the flush hose is if the cap is broken off, or if it is a quick-connect, if the one way valve is broken

Comment

You might want to take a closer look at this hose.

I have two skis, one with a quick disconnect that automatically closes when the flush hose is removed. It never leaks but would if something damaged the check valve on the end.

The other ski uses an ordinary garden hose connection with a cap on a lanyard that screws in to the end of the flush hose when you disconnect the garden hose.

Just the other day I took the ski out on the river and forgot to screw the cap back into the flush hose. It took about 10 minutes before I noticed the ski riding low in the water. Pulled back to the dock, looked under the seat and realized the problem. Had the put the ski back on the trailer and pull it out of the water to drain it.

If it's your flush connection, doing as previously suggested and putting the ski in the water while still on the trailer and starting it should quickly help you find the leak.

Hope this helps...
            Do or do not - there is no "try"!

Comment

took to river..could not see where water was comming in..I did take the waterhose and blew into it when i got home and found air leaking out of the box that the exhaust goes through.. does water go through that also? took apart and gasket is bad.

Comment

Sounds like you've found the problem. The ski probably runs like my 30 year old cat because your engine is breathing exhaust, plus your hull is filling up with the cooling water.

Comment

That was part of the problem.. Now I think it is leaking at the water pump on the back side towards the engine . Have to look at it this winter.. have to much going on now.. I want to thank all that replied for their help.
                  Jimmy

Comment

Working...
                  X