Quality of Beach House Sponsons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quality of Beach House Sponsons

Hello again - I got a lot of useful information the last time I posted and htought I'd try again - I'm considering a set of new Beach House sponsons (which I found for about $80 cheaper than Worx/Riva) and was wonderinfg if anybody had experience putting these on a GP 1200 as I've never heard of the company before. Also curious if they will provide comparable handling improvements relative to the other main brands -as I did a search and found some people that had them on but never told about how they preformed.

Re: Quality of Beach House Sponsons

I have a set of Beach House sponsons on one of my skis and a set of Worx sponsons on the other. I notice no difference in performance between the two brands... however, the Worx sponsons were easier to install since they used the same bolt holes as the oem sponsons.

I should also mention that I did "step" both sets when I was installing them. By "stepping" you put the rear of the sponson all the way down and put the front of the sponson nearly all the way up. In doing so, a new bolt hole has to be added in the middle of the sponson. Stepping the sponsons provides excellent handling, supposedly reduces porpoising (I've never substantiated this), while minimizing drag/speed loss.

Comment

Originally posted by joevan
      Hello again - I got a lot of useful information the last time I posted and htought I'd try again - I'm considering a set of new Beach House sponsons (which I found for about $80 cheaper than Worx/Riva) and was wonderinfg if anybody had experience putting these on a GP 1200 as I've never heard of the company before. Also curious if they will provide comparable handling improvements relative to the other main brands -as I did a search and found some people that had them on but never told about how they preformed.
      Let me know if you want to sell your stock ones I need a starboard side..

Comment

I'm wondering if it's possible to do 360 spin on a gp1200? I can do it easily on my seado btx but the sponsos I guess keep this from happening.

Comment

I can do about a 270, that's about it before it digs in.
          SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
          We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
          Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Originally posted by 1200ks
            I have a set of Beach House sponsons on one of my skis and a set of Worx sponsons on the other. I notice no difference in performance between the two brands... however, the Worx sponsons were easier to install since they used the same bolt holes as the oem sponsons.

I should also mention that I did "step" both sets when I was installing them. By "stepping" you put the rear of the sponson all the way down and put the front of the sponson nearly all the way up. In doing so, a new bolt hole has to be added in the middle of the sponson. Stepping the sponsons provides excellent handling, supposedly reduces porpoising (I've never substantiated this), while minimizing drag/speed loss.
            Ah - so with the WORX I don't have to drill out any holes? That would be worth paying a few extra bucks.

And I would most definitely sell my stock ones once I've bought the aftermarkets - drop me an email (joevan13 at gmail.com) or PM and we can work something out since I won't have a use for them.

Comment

FYI,
              Over the past 10 years, BHE (Beach House Enterprizes) has sold about 10 sets of sponsons to every one set sold by any other sponson company, Including Worx, R&D, Inland Jets Sprorts........
              Bill O'Neal <br>
              WCM
              <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Originally posted by Bill O'Neal2
                FYI,
                Over the past 10 years, BHE (Beach House Enterprizes) has sold about 10 sets of sponsons to every one set sold by any other sponson company, Including Worx, R&D, Inland Jets Sprorts........
                Hm - where'd you find this information at? Since I often hear of Worx and Riva but only recently came accross the Beach House Products (drilling is still turning me off to these)

Comment

Drilling for the Beach House sponsons was not that big of a deal... but never like adding more holes in a ski if I don't have to. I notice no difference in handling between the Beach House and Worx sponsons.

I have a set of used Riva performance sponsons for a GP if anyone has interest. I don't have the mounting bolts, just the sponsons but I assume the bolts could be ordered from Riva. Like the Beach House sponsons, the Riva sponsons due require new holes to be drilled in the hull.
                  $75+shipping if anyone has interest (this is what I paid for them on ebay).

Comment

are you sure they don't just mount on - according to their site (http://www.rivayamaha.com/RivaStore/...nce%20Sponsons) they're meant to "directly replace the original sponsons without modification"

Comment

I may be wrong on the need to drill. I will see if the holes line up let you know.

Comment

Originally posted by 1200ks
                        I may be wrong on the need to drill. I will see if the holes line up let you know.
                        thanks - if they do line up - I'll pick them up off of you.

Comment

Working...
                        X