Bypass oil injector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bypass oil injector

I have a 1997 Yamaha Wave Raider 700 that I purchased this summer. Is it possible, or recommended, that you bypass the oil injector and mix the fuel and oil yourself? How do you know if the oil injector is doing the right job? What would be the correct fuel to oil ratio? I've always used 32:1 on two-stroke dirt bikes.

Re: Bypass oil injector

Yes, you can switch to premix, and its not that hard to do so either. I've seen recommendations that after 7 years its the 'right-thing' to do to switch to premix, but the main thing that fails is the oil tubes, that crack and leak.

You cant really tell by eye that the pump is doing the job completely per say, but you can always check the lines for cracks and leaks, and be sure that oils going through the lines. A long period of sitting is the biggest cause of cracks, along with age.

Yamaha premix for that engine is 32:1. A kit is 15 bucks, and 7 bucks shipping (I think), so 22 dollars off this site, or if you can find it local, thats good too. On this site its at:

http://www.sbtontheweb.com/Merchant2...tegory_Code=36

Also, I think as long as you maintain your ski, you can keep your oil pump functional. By the way, a new oil pump costs upwards of 200 dollars.

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I'll be sure to check the tubes and will consider the conversion kit at the end of this season.

Comment

50:1 is the correct mix ratio for your ski when premixing.Definately check your lines and do a visual inspection for leaks before and during your days out if you stick with the injection system.

The easiest way to tell if your injection system is working or not is when it is too late.
        Visit www.pwctoday.com for techical help

Comment

replace the oil lines and install new clamps...that oil pump is the most reliable part on the whole ski...keep it, it's there for convenience...it also keeps the inside of your carbs from corroding

Comment

Working...
          X