Looking for an exhaust hose.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for an exhaust hose.....

1994 Wave Raider 62T engine. The U-shaped rubber exhaust hose that runs from the waterbox to the rear of the ski (exhaust exit) has ruptured and is leaking exhaust into the engine compartment..... Hose is 11 years old, so I guess it doesn't owe me anything!!!! My question is, where can I obtain a replacement, or is there another alternative??? I seem to remember reading a post about using black PVC pipe or something like that to make an exhaust pipe, but can't find that post now that I need it... Rivayamaha lists a replacement pipe at $131.... Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions!!!

Re: Looking for an exhaust hose.....

well, for OEM, most of the manufacturers stick together on pricing, and its really sucks. If you cant find any alternatives, you could always try getting a good condition pipe from a salvage yard. heres a list BUT, call M & M Marine LAST, I and someone else have received very poor service from them (harrassment, and 15 dollar shipping for a part that fits in an envelope!!!!)

If you find on at the salvage yards, most of them charge half the price new, and for a piece of tube, I think it may be even less. Make sure you prod them about the condition too, considering the parts are all usually 11 years old (for the ski model) with some exceptions, as they acquire ski's early, and part them out sooner rather then later.

http://www.sbtontheweb.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17795

Comment

Try an auto parts store and look for one of those accordian style hoses.

Comment

Check Ebay, someone is always parting out skis. You might get lucky and get one for next to nothing today or you might have to watch for one. Try emailing sellers that are selling parts off a raider to see if they will set up a quick auction with a "Buy it now" option. Good luck.

Comment

Now that I actually think about it, I might have one of those for sale on Ebay right now...lol. Go look at this item and see if it's what you need. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?

ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=4571695193&sspagename=STRK%3A MESE%3AIT

Or do a search by seller: Antwon1

Comment

Big end ID 3.5", little end ID 2.5"

Comment

Thanks for checking the diameter for me Antwon.... Dammit!!! I need 2.5" BOTH ends..... Been through Ebay, a couple of skis being parted out, but all have a different P/N for the exhaust hose.... Checked into making a pipe out of PVC, but don't think there is such a thing as 2.5" PVC pipe (1.5", 2", 3", 4",etc..). If I could find a good source for flexible radiator hose with a 2.5" diameter... pehaps for large trucks??? I'm also waiting for a reply from one of the salvage yards. Thanks for all the replies and suggestions!! BTW: the hose I need lists for $131.... I've seen others, similar but different diameter list for as low as $34!!!! Go figure....:emoticbar

Comment

Dude, good home work, call NAPA.

Or donate to Katrina
                (not an endorsment but from the heart.):emoticont

Comment

After searching and researching for a few weeks now, I haven't come up with a workable alternative....... If it were a 2" or 3" diameter hose, I COULD have done something with PVC pipe.... And all the skis I found that are being parted out use a different hose..... So I bit the bullet and ordered a new hose online from RivaYamaha for a mere $145 w/shipping!!!! Just hope it's something they have "instock" so I can get back on the water quickly!!!! Don't want to hear it's "backordered"..... Thanks again for all replies and suggestions!!!!

Comment

someone mentioned that accordian style hose from auto parts shops works fine

Comment

Working...
                    X