Need a prop? Have a few ??s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a prop? Have a few ??s

I have a 94' Waverunner III (my first ski) She's pretty fun, not real fast but fast enough for a newbie. Anyway out of the box I think she cavitates until I hit about 10 mph then she really takes off. But from a dead start or coming out of a spin she is really slow. The prop from what I can see, is in good shape and the clearance around the housing doesn't look bad either, but haven't measured it.

Questions:
    Will a new prop (original or aftermarket) fix this? Any suggestions welcome.

Dose this ski take wear rings or do you have to replace the whole housing?

How hard is it to replace the prop and housing? I'm ok behind a wrench as long as I have direction. I rebuilt my carb (3 times), reeds, and entire fuel system, long story short I had a dirty fuel tank. I know, I know, should of checked it first. But I'm good at doing things bass ackwards. Plus I know my ski real well.

Again, you guys are great and all the information I get from everyone on this site has made summer so much fun. Thanks!!!!

Re: Need a prop? Have a few ??s

My GP1200R did the same thign until about 10-15 like u said, it would just sit there and spin and then it would grab and go. New Prop solved my problems.

Comment

Re: Need a prop? Have a few ??s

Check for other sources of cavitation. I replaced a gasket on the pump shoe and installed a pump plug kit to fix a similar problem.

Comment

Working...
      X