05 gp 1300 vs. 05 RXP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 05 gp 1300 vs. 05 RXP

I'm looking into both of these ski's, but i can't decide which is the better value. i like the RXP, its a 4 stroke, but i like the GP's price. Which is better?

Re: 05 gp 1300 vs. 05 RXP

They both have pros and cons - it depends on exactly what kind of riding you want to do with them and where.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

im looking to do a little rec riding, but i also want to be able to really have some speed under me. i also want to be able to take it out in the ocean to jump some waves! i have heard the RXP has been having some troube with the SC, how true is that?

Comment

It's very true. If you are looking for a jumper, neither is going to be great, but the GP will be worlds above the RXP. The RXP is a smooth drag racer, that's about it.

Comment

Are their any significant problems with the GP? I dont plan on any huge mods, maybe intake, intake grate, impeller, thats about it. I'm new to the sport, so i want something that is better than the average rec ski, but something that is reliable. How is that Ultra 150?

Comment

The GP has a little concern about cranks, but it is very little compared to the s/c problems on the Sea-Doos. Overall the GP is much mroe reliable. Th Ultra is bullet-proof as far as the engine goes. They need to have the pump bearings replaced every couple years, that's it. Again though, a completely different ski. I think you really need to go ride them to make up your mind - you are comparing apples oranges and banannas.

Comment

well as far as performance goes, is the Ultra 150 as competitive as the GP? Or would the GP blow it out of the water?

Comment

They would actually be about dead even, about 65-66.

Comment

well then. i guess i have some decisions to make. what would your personal preference be?

Comment

It doesn't matter what I would choose, I'm not you. I don't like the ride or size of the RXP, and I don't fit on the Ultra (I'm 6'2, it's made for much shorter people). The GP isn't exactly my cup of tea either for other reasons...that's why I'm never selling my '97 GP1200 - perfect for ME in all regards.

Comment

well my only other question is, you said that the GP has some crank issues, if i were to get an extended warranty on the ski, would yamaha cover that?

Comment

Yes, if it was a crank failure.

Comment

The point is not that failures can happen - it's the downtime. I can't count the number of posts from people this summer that go like this: Yeah I bought a new RXP, it was real fast on the lake for a couple weeks, and then it's been in the shop all season.

What's the point of buying something if you can't use it?

Comment

so very true. well i thank you for your time and information.

Comment

Working...
                            X