bogging down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bogging down

new sbt engine runs great, but when I give full throttle it boggs down and sometimes shuts off and ideas?

Re: bogging down

We need a LOT more info than just that...
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Idles fine, starts fine, holds steady rpm at very low power settings, give full throttle and it boggs down and shuts off even on the trailer with the hood open so its not an exhaust leak. new tdr waterbox new plugs still on first tank of gas new thermo sensor.

Comment

carb problem...try pulling on 1/2 choke when it does it...if this helps, it's starving for fuel

Comment

this ski has primer instead. but you think I need to rebuild it ? and if so is that hard to do?
          Last edited by aviatorflyinhigh; 09-03-2005, 04:34 PM.

Comment

ok i rebuilt the carb its not bogging as bad but hesitating and wont reach peak rpm what should i do now. i still dont know if its a spark problem or a carb prob.

Comment

check your external fuel filter

Comment

im getting there i trimmed the spark wires and its running alot better. there is a kink in one of the exhaust hoses and i think that could be the problem as well. The fuel filter is new. the engine is vibrating alittle too much could this be a factor of improper alignment of the drive shaft?

Comment

i think it is a carb problem try adjusting them to inital settings them adjusting them further from there

Comment

If you can define from the engine sound that its an electrical problem, it may still be your spark wires. What year is the ski? I have a 93 that I've had to replace the ignition coil/spark wires on because it was breaking up after 5000 or 4500 or so

Comment

its a 1992 is there anyway to check the amount of spark coming from the coil

Comment

tech support Help!!

Comment

You already got the correct advice - Did you actually use new carb kits? Did you test pop-off? Have you tried tuning the carbs?

Comment

yes new kits, how do I test pop-off pressure?and all i know about tuning the carbs has to do with the high and low screws any advice on that. and is there anyway to tell if my wires and coil are bad?

Comment

Read the tech articles on pop-off and carb tuning. If you have an electrical mis-fire, yes you may need new wires/coil - I can't tell over the internet.

Comment

Working...
                              X