bilge system WRA650

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bilge system WRA650

Problems with the carb had me cruisin slow for about an hour and I noticed water was not pumping out. my question is will the bilge system pump out water on a 92 650 going slow. I am under the impression that it uses like a venturi to suck out water at higher speeds any info?

Re: bilge system WRA650

yes, it uses a venturi effect, but even if the bilge wasnt working, if you took on a lot of water after a short period, you have bigger problems.

The bilge isnt that complicated, its just a pipe connected on the pump, connected to a white box with holes in it located in the bottom of the ski (it moves freely, so you can pull it out and check it). If its not working its clogged or disconnected.

Comment

Re: bilge system WRA650

The stock bilge system uses suction created by the flow of the water being forced through the pump.Kinda like the water being forced into the motor for cooling,but flowing in teh opposite direction.This is not visible while cruising.The suction is created from the mater flowing through the jet pump,and the water flow out the rear of the pump.

From your post,it seems that you may be confusing the pisser on the side of the hull that just give you a visual comfirmation that you are getting water flow through the engine.And on this system,you will not always see water when running at lower speeds.
      Visit www.pwctoday.com for techical help

Comment

Working...
      X