electrical problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• electrical problem

I have a 96 venture that I just put an engine into. It won't start. The place I took it to originally to look at it when the engine went pulled it apart and when I didn't have them put it back together they just put in into the hull in pieces. They had some of the wires unplugged out of the control box, but the colors matched up. I do have a clymers book, but that's not much help. The starter is getting power because it cranks, but no spark. I checked the fuse and thats good also. Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    greg

Re: electrical problem

if electrical box is open, recheck all wire connections...look for any pinched wires...unplug white wire from cdi box to wire harness and check spark again...if no spark then check stator coils next...sometimes flywheel puller bolts are screwed in too far and it damages the charge coil...do you know how to check resistance?

Comment

Unfortunately I don't know how to check the resistance. any help is greatly appreciated. I have the mechanical knowledge, but not as much electrical.

Comment

check for pinched wires and unplug white wire inside and check spark

Comment

Thanks I'll try that. I appreciate the help.

Comment

Working...
          X