95 1100 only runs at high rpm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 95 1100 only runs at high rpm

my 95 1100 wave raider will only run good at high rpm.it will fire right up no problem and idle fine but when you try to give it gas it boggs and dies starts right backup idles fine if you play with the throttle alittle bit you can eventually get it going and at 3/4 to full throttle runs like a champ but when you let go and then get onit againit boggs down and you have to sit and play with the throttle again to get it going.Its always had a simmiliar problem but it would run fine and every now and then it would just die on me sometimes you would be able to just turn it right back on and go and others just waite a minute then it would fire right back up.sometimes it would run fine no problems all day.ive seen similiar threads when looking threw old threads tring to find answers but none are the same because the ski runs fine sometimes.i also noticed that the ski smokes alot more lately.Iknow these are prone to that because of oil systembut this is beyond that i believe its almost embarassing especialy when clearing out water on the trailer.any help would be appreciated

Re: 95 1100 only runs at high rpm

clean and rebuild carbs...install new carb kits and needle and seats...clean out fuel pump also....check fuel filter for water...empty it's contents into a cup and look for water...carbs can't handle any water...

Comment

Working...
    X