Wave Raider overheat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wave Raider overheat

Just used my '97 Wave Raider 700 today and noticed that water stopped shooting out the port side. Seemed like the rev limiter kicked in, which I think is something that is supposed to happen when overheating. There were alot of weeds in the bay today and I'm guessing something is blocked. Where should I begin? Incidently, when hooked up to the fresh water flush, water does circulate and pee out the side as it normally does. After overheating should I check for any specific damage? I don't think the ski was hot long enough to damage the head gasket.

Re: Wave Raider overheat

look at the intake and see if anything was clogged byt the weedy lake

Comment

while running on the hose, check to see if water runs out the steering nozzle and also off the ride plate...there are two places water should run out the back

Comment

Water appears to be running out over the ride plate, but may not be running out of the steering nozzle. Hard to see unless the ski is out of the water and on the trailer(which it is not).

Comment

the water that comes out the nozzle comes from the main cooling line that feeds the engine and cloggs with sand

Comment

Working...
          X