yamaha not getting spark all the time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yamaha not getting spark all the time

My boss has a 1995 yamaha 650 that doesnt get spark. He was running across the bay and all of a sudden it just stopped. He would like to know if anyone knew what would cause it to just stop while going wide open running great.
    Last edited by chevy900; 09-08-2005, 08:15 PM. Reason: wrong year model

Re: yamaha not getting spark all the time

Edit:I see you changed your post

Well, for that case, the first thing to suspect is the killswitch. If it happens again, or even stops starting altogether, the killswitch is most likely the culprit, I've had that exact same problem before, if it does happen again, or shuts off and doesnt start up, unplug the black/white wires underneath the hood that are the killswitch circuit, it WONT shut off using the killswitch or stop button having this unplugged, but pulling out the choke will shut it off.
    Last edited by K6jet; 09-08-2005, 08:50 PM.

Comment

or it could be your cdi gone bad or grounds came loose and not grounding out two fouled spark plugs i doubt that tho bad coil wire came disconnected from coil take your pick or a kill switch

Comment

ok thanks i will spread the word to him and let yall know what happens

Comment

ask him if he's flipped it recently, is it a VXR? The killswitches are designed to drain out after filling with water, but they usually always have a puddle of water in them surrounding the killswitch. It could be the coil or wires, but I doubt the bullet connections or any others would have disconnected without anything drastic like wave-jumping, etc. even then it would be unlikely.

Comment

Try the unplugging the kill switch connector first and if still no spark check resistance of the coils under the flywheel.....

Comment

Working...
            X