Carb Linkage Hangs Ups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carb Linkage Hangs Ups

I have just got a 99 1200XL LTD, the carbs linkage or something has me confussed. After riding for about a hour, and taking a break, the carbs stay in the wide open postions. I can turn the pulley by hand back to the idle position, give it gas and it sticks open. After cooling down, like 3 hours, it will work just fine till it gets warm again. Any sujestions.

The bushings on the linkages where they pass through the carbs expand and restrict the movement. Other's have had the same problem - order new bushings through your dealer, or remove the shafts and drill out the bushings *slightly* off the craft.

Comment

Bryan, Thanks for the info. After removeing the pipe, which I might say was not fun, I found out that the cat. converter had came apart. The hole middle section had drop towards the back of the pipe. I was just thinking this may have caused this issuse. The guy we got it from said it just started the last time he rode the ski. I have order a stage 1 kit from Riva, so I do not have to fight that pipe going back in. My question is sould I try the new pipe frist or go on to the carbs? Not real sure how they come off also. Thanks again for the help.

Comment

Totally separate issues.

Comment

Thanks, any easy way to get the carbs off?

Comment

Not really. Click the Technical button on the left, and download the Install/Removal guide for the 1200pv motor.

Comment

Working...
            X