More Redneck Repair Questions....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Redneck Repair Questions....

My 91 Waverunner LX has a small external water leak around one of the front head bolts, noticable when flushing, and I plan to change the head gasket. Obviously, if something else needs work, we will find out when we open it.

Do I need just the head gasket, or do I need some more gaskets, such as the head cover gaskets (?), to do this.

Thanks.

Re: More Redneck Repair Questions....

To find the water leak,you are going to need both to reassemble it....because it could be leaking through either one.
    Visit www.pwctoday.com for techical help

Comment

use a small amount of 1211 if you reuse any of the gaskets. That will seal the leak.

Comment

Wow...we learn something new everyday...I didnt know they made such a product that could restore a metal crush ring back to its original form so that it could be re-used.

Do not re-use the head gaskets....I was joking above.It is imposible to achieve the proper seating around the top of the cylinder without using a new head gasket.Especially if you add a product to any surface...

Comment

If you are serious about any kind of work like it, it will be very useful for you to get a service manual for your 'ski.
          James
          1997 gp1200
          2000 gp1200r

Comment

What are the gaskets for the water circuit covers on the head called, I can't identify them in the breakdown?

Comment

If you are looking on this site at thier breakdown....They did not show the head cover gasket when I looked the other day.Maybe TS can get you the info and see if they have them in stock.Or maybe I was looking at the wrong breakdown.

Comment

We do have them in stock, it's just not on the site - I didn't notice it was missing. I'll get to that soon, for now just call in to order it.
                SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
                We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
                Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Thanks, I just ordered them from you.

Comment

Working...
                  X