Is This A Good Deal On A GP1200?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is This A Good Deal On A GP1200?

I looked at a '97 GP1200 tonight. The ski is immaculate. The top is spotless, everything works, the bottom only has minor scratches. The engine is like new, 120psi on all 3 cylinders, freshwater only, no signs of corrosion or having been apart. Motor mounts are in perfect shape, impeller and vains look good. All of the hoses are in great shape, plugs were all coffee colored and even, and it fired right up from being ice cold. Also, the cables and steering were all smooth and lubed. It also comes with a new double trailer, a cover, a brand new gauge console, and it has a primer kit installed.

The only problem is that with the new console installed it only shows 1 hour on the hour meter I thought the hours were held in memory somewhere else.

Anyway, the negotiations led to $4500 plus my '97 single trailer which is in great shape. He was asking $4500 for just the ski, no trailer. I'm not sure if this is a very good deal, but the ski is in mint condition compared to others I have seen. I am scheduled to ride it tomorrow morning.

Does this seem like a good deal or should I keep looking? Should I try to get it for less? The ad was misprinted as a 98 model, and I thought it was one when we came to the above deal.

Thanks!
    '94XP - Beach House Sponsons, ride plate<br /><br />'99 GP1200 - Stock for now...

Got My gp1200 3 months ago for 3700 with double trailer and only 18.0 hours on it.
    New Raider
    98 GP1200 (Stock)
    95 Wave Raider 1100 (Stock)
    89 650 SX (Stock)

Comment

Thanks...

I passed on that one and found a mint '99 GP1200 with a new trailer for $4000. [img]smile.gif[/img]
      '94XP - Beach House Sponsons, ride plate<br /><br />'99 GP1200 - Stock for now...

Comment

[img]smile.gif[/img]
        New Raider
        98 GP1200 (Stock)
        95 Wave Raider 1100 (Stock)
        89 650 SX (Stock)

Comment

Man for $4500 I will sell you my 98 Gp with only 34 hrs. I would pass on a 97 and also you need to ask why does it have a new meter, where is the old one, problably broke right, how convinient! [img]graemlins/spit.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by torquenut:
            Man for $4500 I will sell you my 98 Gp with only 34 hrs. I would pass on a 97 and also you need to ask why does it have a new meter, where is the old one, problably broke right, how convinient! [img]graemlins/spit.gif[/img]
            Read my most recent post above [img]/graemlins/winkanim.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by MattFL:
              </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by torquenut:
              Read my most recent post above [img]/graemlins/winkanim.gif[/img] </font>[/QUOTE]Matt you wont always get a great deal on a ski. just because you paid what you paid for yours it doesnt mean everyoen will ask or pay the same amount. the area of the country greatly makes a difference in what people are willing to pay for a ski. for example i bet after Sept 15 in the surrounding area of Lake mead youll be able to pick up a jet ski for almost nothing within a few weeks or month of sept 15. in So california Raiders are still going for 2500-4500$ depending on size of motor and condition. my buddy jsut sold his 96 raider 760 with a single trailer for 3K.

4500$ for a 97 GP 1200 is a little high but it sounds liek its in good shape. i would make sure its not the early model cause those were the ones with hull cracking/flexing problems if it is below hull # 5000 it should have a hull brace. the memory is in the digital dash not the CDI unit. A double trailer is worth abotu 4-600$ used Depending on what it has and 7-1000$ new
              Rob

Comment

I agree with Raider. I have seen the price of jetskis vary significantly depending on what part of the country it's in. Here in Colorado it seems we tend to be on the high side.

www.traderonline.com is a good site where you can see the price differences

Comment

Working...
                X