Yamaha 650 Ignition Is Jammed...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha 650 Ignition Is Jammed...

Hi its me again if u guys havent read my other post..well anyway my other jet skii was workin perfect a couple days ago and never cut off or anything and i tried to start it up again and it didnt start so i let go of start button and it kept trying to start on its own...i pulled the lanyard and did nothing hit stop did nothing and so i rushed it bak my other jetskii and pulled the screwdriver out and unplugged the battery...now everytime i try to connect the battery in it starts on its own but doesnt fully start it just tries to...

Re: Yamaha 650 Ignition Is Jammed...

Either the solenoid is stuck, or you have a short in the starter button and/or the control wiring.
    John Kubiak
    Powersports Technical Training Professional
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Sea-Doo Tech 13736
    PWC Tech since 1988 (22 years)
    PowerSports since 1976 (34 years)
    NEVER BUY TIRES AT A "BLOW-OUT" SALE
    Please do not use Private Messaging, use the forums.

Comment

how do i check for a short...so i just replug in the starter wires in and open the plastic panels where the steering wheel is and check the switch?...

Comment

Usually caused by a stuck solenoid. Replace it.
        Bill O'Neal <br>
        WCM
        <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

I ran into a similar problem with a friends 98 xl1200. When we put the battery in at the begining of the season it would try to start on its own. The battery was shot. When we put a new battery in it was fine. Dont know if that is happening here but it is similar.

Comment

Working...
          X