Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

95 WR 1100 taking on water when running?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 95 WR 1100 taking on water when running?

I'm posting this for a friend that has a dilemma and is not computer-literate.

He's got a '95 Wave Raider 1100 that can sit tied to the dock all day and not get a drop of water into the hull.

But, when he goes to ride it, he comes back after 10-15 minutes and he has about 6" of water in the hull. He's had his mechanic try to fix it, but the guy doesn't know anything about PWC's.

Could one of his drain hoses be leaking? If so, any ideas?
    Could it be a bad o-ring around a bailer, like on a Sea-Doo?
    Any other suggestions?
    Does anyone know where to find an on-line microfiche site for Yamaha like there is for Kawasaki and Sea-Doo?

Thanks,

Craig
    - Craig<br /><br />'04 Baja 342<br />'04 GTX SC<br />'98 GTXL<br />'95 750 ZXI

www.hlsm.com and www.epowersports.com have microfiche for Yamaha.

It's either a leak in a cooling line or a siphon line. If it only leaks while moving, I'd say a siphon line.

Comment

Where would the siphon line locate at? I aslso have a GP1200 with a little bit of water while moving.
      New Raider
      98 GP1200 (Stock)
      95 Wave Raider 1100 (Stock)
      89 650 SX (Stock)

Comment

The pickup is below the driveshaft couplers, and the line goes back to the pump.

Comment

the syphon line has a anti drain valve on it so water doesnt back flow. check the line going from the rear of the ski to the anti drain valve. ( looks liek a black barell that has a l shape to it. Most likely cause is a cooiling line thats either split or pin hole or the big rubber boot on the exhaust pipe. lift the hood and look for water squirting or dripping out from soemwhere. Remove the storage bucket and look for leaks from the exhaust tubes

Rob

Comment

Working...
          X