Need input to "building" 701 for more power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need input to "building" 701 for more power

Have a potential customer that ran his '94 Blaster 3? out of oil (empty bottle). He was asking if I knew how to get some more power out of it. I know the cranks are twist prone, but welded re-man is part of the plan, along w/ general O/H.
    Is the RIVA "RPM KIT" worth it for making the 700 "zippy"? This thing only has 1 carb. I have read somewhere about using 760 jug&head on certain model 700, or would he be better off going 760 w/ dual carbs? What about an impeller choice?

[ September 03, 2002, 11:20 AM: Message edited by: CaptToyota ]
    ***1100 Venture***<br />OE head mod-- by Riva Yamaha<br />Wiseco (+ .5mm)<br />True-welded crank<br />Riva F/A+ Jet kit<br />Boyeson Power reeds<br />Riva 1100 CDI<br />NGK plugs- BR8HS<br />R&D Aqua-Vein<br />Solas 14-21 Super Camber//Impros<br />Riva rideplate<br />Amsoil "AIO" @ 50:1 pre-mix, currently KLOTZ Ski-Craft<br />MOBIL-1 grease in the pump<br />Sears Diehard<br /><br /> Dream-meter shows 65---- GPS says 54.2 mph best, 9/14/02 @ 850 ft elevation

personally I would go for a dual carb set up. I assume he is looking for bottom and mid range more than top speed. If he can afford it go for a port job and than pipes. even with the dual carbs alone he wont be disappointed with the gains of mid and low end.
    I did a waveblaster 701 ( early model) and I did a dual 38s, flame arresters, jetting Delta force reeds, pipes waterbox and ignition and porting. it was for a buddy of mine. the thing leaped out of the water top speed gains were only 7MPh if i remember right but I didnt do any pump work I jsut changed the impeller.
    Rob

Comment

Working...
    X