taming the 1100 waveraider

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• taming the 1100 waveraider

I just bought an 1100 waveraider,but only tested it in calm water where it did OK.The handling in the rough leaves a lot to be desired.Does anyone have any personal experience with aftermarket sponsons,ride plates,and intake grates on this ski?Thanks in advance,Deb

Re: taming the 1100 waveraider

Explore the limitation envelope of the Raider cautiously,or you will be a victim of having been "RAIDED"! Ride plate and sponsons help but it will always be a Raider, and they are great fun!
    YoSA "Best Yamaha Dealer in the Lone Star State"

Comment

What kind do you recommend?

Comment

Beach House sponsons, R&D Rideplate
        YoSA "Best Yamaha Dealer in the Lone Star State"

Comment

In rough water,any ski is going to handle way different than in smooth water.These are small crafts.You have to constantly read the water ahead of you and plan accordingly...This is the case in all small to mid sized skis.

On my blaster,I have seen many many peolpe fall off.Meerly because they dont either have the coordination to ride it,or they are not paying attention to what is ahead of them(water/waves) and are not planning for them.

Now some of the BIG skis they have out nowadays...I'm sure they dont have to pay as much attention,due to the wieght and width of the craft.
          Last edited by skraggy; 09-18-2005, 11:33 AM.
          Visit www.pwctoday.com for techical help

Comment

I used to have a waveblaster!That thing was a real hoot.Sold it to a friend of mine and have regretted it ever since.

Comment

My best setup was ProTec MoFlow grate, Ocean Pro ride plate, and Worx sponsons.

Water was rarely calm where I ride and I got tired of the Raider after a year.

Watch out for another 'ski's or boat's cross chop.

My buddy who always owned a GPR rode my Raider and said it was like riding a "pissed off paper plate."
              J-me
              05 Bayliner 175
              98 GP 1200 Yamaha factory support hull, Lamey engine, Skat pump

Comment

It is a handfull, and a killer workout, but you get used to it. It also works well as and anti borrowing measure. Let you buddies take it out for 5 minutes in a chop and see what they think!

Comment

Working...
                X