Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Bryan, I stopped by SBT today

Hay Bryan,
    I'm Doug, the guy who brought the raider 1100 by sbt today. I took it out on the water this evening, and heres what it's doing.
    Out of the water, it runs fine, just like it did for you and I, but in the water, it has a deep, muffled tone, and won't go over 40, and its way sluggish. If you gun the throttle, it dies, you have to feather it. When I shut it down, you can hear that something is rattling, almost like there is debris in the muffler. I'm totally clueless. Is it possible that something in the exhaust/waterbox is out of place or broken or clogging it. I was jumping some swells two weeks ago when it started, it was intermittent on the way in, but this past weekend, it was just as explained. Any ideas on where to look/investigate first?
    Doug Benoit

Remove the waterboxs' (muffler) and shake them them to see if there is a loose baffle. It has been posted somewhere that a few Yamahas have had baffles come loose and alter the "driveability" of the ski. Of course I could be wrong, but give it a try.
    ***1100 Venture***<br />OE head mod-- by Riva Yamaha<br />Wiseco (+ .5mm)<br />True-welded crank<br />Riva F/A+ Jet kit<br />Boyeson Power reeds<br />Riva 1100 CDI<br />NGK plugs- BR8HS<br />R&D Aqua-Vein<br />Solas 14-21 Super Camber//Impros<br />Riva rideplate<br />Amsoil "AIO" @ 50:1 pre-mix, currently KLOTZ Ski-Craft<br />MOBIL-1 grease in the pump<br />Sears Diehard<br /><br /> Dream-meter shows 65---- GPS says 54.2 mph best, 9/14/02 @ 850 ft elevation

Comment

I would agree - with that additional info, replace your waterbox.

Comment

Working...
      X