650 seals blown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 650 seals blown

I have a 1993 Waverunner III 650cc My one year old SBT engine just blew the rear main seals. The ski was running fine till it started missing at high speed. It backfired and blew the seals. My questions are.

Would the leaking seals cause the high speed miss and backfire or do i need to look for another cause for the backfire?

Can I replace seals without fully tearing down engine to crankcase?

Could there be other damage internaly in engine from backfire?

Anyone have good sources for parts or does SBT have seals?

Thanks, Kevin

Re: 650 seals blown

Found seal kits on SBT looked after post. Any help on other questions would be helpfull.

Comment

Not sure what exactly caused the backfire or whatever that caused the seals to blow out...possible high temp operation.

The lower case needs to be split to install the new seals correctly.

Other damage may have been caused from debris or water being injested into motor after the seal blew,or trying to run with a blown seal creating a lean condition.

You found the seals...right here.

I would disassemble the motor and visually inspect it for any internal damage if it were mine.But you could just try and replace the seals and see if she goes.

Hit us back if you have any further problems or questions.
      Visit www.pwctoday.com for techical help

Comment

Skraggy,

Possable high temp operation? do you mean it just overheated and started missing. Or could it be problem in thermostat/ignition system. Season is just about done here so I am thinking I will spend winter tearing down motor and check it all out.

Comment

Working...
        X