Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2002 XLT1200 PV arms

SBT,

I've heard that you guys make an actuator or lever arm that protects the pin on the PV's from droppig out. Is that true? If so, what is the part number and how much? Im a newbie and have read so many thing about the PV problems and am just tryin to do some preventative maintanance. Thanks in advance for the help! [img]smile.gif[/img]
    "Ride like it's your last ride"<br /><br />2002 Yamaha XLT1200<br />Riva Pump Plug Kit<br />Riva Top Loader Intake Grate<br />Pro-Tec Ride Plate<br />Solas 12/18<br />SBT Lever Links<br />Next mods: Waveater's Locking couplers, Milled Head, Reeds/Stuffers, Free Flow

They are $22 ea., as for the Lever Links.

Comment

OK, how many do I need, how do I order them, and what is the part number?
      "Ride like it's your last ride"<br /><br />2002 Yamaha XLT1200<br />Riva Pump Plug Kit<br />Riva Top Loader Intake Grate<br />Pro-Tec Ride Plate<br />Solas 12/18<br />SBT Lever Links<br />Next mods: Waveater's Locking couplers, Milled Head, Reeds/Stuffers, Free Flow

Comment

I don't know if we use a part number for them, it's not something we catalog, just ask for Lever Links like I said. If you have three powervalves you need 3 links. Call 877 330 0231

Comment

Thanks, will order them today. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Bryan,
            How hard of a job is this for the novice mechanic ? Also, do you know if it is a warranty voiding mod ? Thanks....
            Pat<br />2001 XLT1200<br />Pump Plug Kit/Sealed Fercho Style<br />Riva Intake Grate<br />Riva Rideplate<br />Solas Concord 12/18 <br />Solas Billet Impeller Cone<br />Custom Hydro-Turf Seat Cover<br />Riva/Rule Bilge Pump Kit<br />Riva Billet Gas Cap

Comment

Pat, is that you? I was wondering the same thing. That is why I started this thred.

Comment

I have no idea about the warranty, but it involves partial disassembly of the exhaust and power valve linkages.

Comment

Yo KAC...yup its me...It's hard to know what to do on this PV issue. On one hand, I would hate to go through a failure (duh) when it could have been prevented with these links...On the other hand, I can't afford to void the warranty, and NEED it!!! [img]graemlins/buck.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/cwm3.gif[/img]
                  Seems like everyone has different opinions on this subject too. Hard to make a decision on this one.

[ September 13, 2002, 01:16 PM: Message edited by: JPG ]
                  Pat<br />2001 XLT1200<br />Pump Plug Kit/Sealed Fercho Style<br />Riva Intake Grate<br />Riva Rideplate<br />Solas Concord 12/18 <br />Solas Billet Impeller Cone<br />Custom Hydro-Turf Seat Cover<br />Riva/Rule Bilge Pump Kit<br />Riva Billet Gas Cap

Comment

take them back off if you take it in for warranty work...or put them on at the end of the warranty, but risk downtime.
                    97 venture11/1200, 01gp12r stage1, 02F12X
                    dav_dman@yahoo.com

Comment

Just ordered them, as well.
                      mark c.

Comment

Working...
                      X