mesage for bryan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mesage for bryan

hi bryan chris here, when you guted your ski did you pull out the styrofoam to, becouse when i did i found a bunch of cracks mostly under my waterbox and behind the batery tray but a few under the footwells on eather side o the engine to. i just got done laying to mats on eather side of my pump cavity inside the hull, when it tacks up i think i will fill the inside of the strakes with epoxy and high density filler. if you haven't checked this areia out yet i would if i wer you. did you flip your hull over and true it yet, to make the job esier i filled all the big gouges first then did a quick blocksand and coated the whole bottom with west system epoxy this way thears less wory about takeing off to mutch hull material and thears no transition frome snading filler to sanding old hull material witch is usualy softer so u get a low spot around the low spot u just filled. the west system epoxy makes for a nice hard bottom coat and they make a white pigment for it to so scratches won't show if you bother to paint it and if you realy want to be slick they make a graphite powder aditive to but i thought a gray hull would look like crap, to bad i didn't know about this when we used to have contests to see how far you could land your ski up on the beach! and no i didn't do this with my gp that was an old kawi stand up, my record was about 60 ft this all ended shortly after somewone decided to start biulding snad jumps though(now you know how i started doing hull repairs).anyway good luck with your hull.
    chris.

I have had most of my foam out for sometime, and do not have any stress cracks, just a couple at the rear transon from collision damage. I would like to flip it for some minro repairs and trueing but have no good way of supporting it - it's not critical enough to remove the rest of the components like the cowling.

Comment

Working...
    X