Grate for WaveVenture 700

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grate for WaveVenture 700

Based on some information I read, I cut the 2 middle bars out of the stock grate on my '95 Venture 700. It seems to stay hooked up better in choppy conditions, but it also seems to have lost 1-2 mph top end and lost a little low end hole shot. The engine rpms seem to be slightly lower now.

Does anyone know of an aftermarket grate that would actually improve hole shot without sacrificing any top end? The 700 doesn't have much top end to lose, so I hate to sacrifice any. The engine is stock. May consider milling the head this winter.

Thanks.

This is funny. I did the exact same thing to my WaveVenture 701. I noticed no improvement one way or the other. Many years ago I tried a top loader and it actully slowed the ski way down. I ended up purchasing a second hand stock grate on the web and put it back to stock.You see, the WaveVenture is one of those few skis that as far as handling goes is better left stock.

You can get a bit more performace out of it by increasing the compression and going with aftermaket flame arresters but that is the extent I recommend modifying that ski.

The WaveVenture is a workhorse that will never breakbut it is not a very exciting ski. My advice is give it to the wife and get yourself a different ski. 96 XP Sea-Doos can be had at a resonable price and are very fun.
    JC

Comment

JC,

It is funny that you had the same problem. I also thought about posting a forum message asking if anyone has a stock grate for sell.

You're right about the ski not being very exciting, but it is a good family ski. It always starts and runs great. I've towed both of my buddy's skis back to shore and another friend's boat. But so far, my ski hasn't missed a beat. I picked it up this summer for $2k with only 108 hours, so it's relatively inexpensive entertainment. It carrys 3 adults real well. That's another feature I like. I plan on keeping the ski for quite a while.

Our friends that we ride with all meet at the lake on Saturdays during the summer, so I can ride their faster skis anytime I want. They have a 2000 Ultra 150, a 1996 1100 zxi, a 1997 SeaDoo XP, and there are 2 '95 WaveRaider 700's, one of them being highly modified. So you can see that I can easily go a lot faster anytime I want.

Comment

Working...
      X