Xlt1200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xlt1200

I am considering purhcasing a used XLT1200, either 1998, 99 or 2000. I know they went from the 135 HP in 98 to 155 HP in 99. I think the Hull is basically the same. I was wondering if the extra 20 HP really gives much extra speed. Does anyone know approximate top speed of the 98 model versus the 99 model with one passenger weighing about 185 lbs??
    Also, are there any know issues with these skis??

Re: Xlt1200

They are about the same performance - the hulls are not the same, completely different. Search for powervalve - the newer 1200's have issues you need to take care of, especially the first year models.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Find a used FX140 instead!!!!!!!

Comment

What is the advantage of the FX140? I am not familiar with it. I have friends who have GP1200 and XLT1200 and they are in my pricerange if I go back 5 years or so.

Comment

The FX doesn't have oil lines that fall off, carbs that make pistons seize, and power valves that drop into pistons.......

Comment

Anyone have any idea what the top speed ski is now and how fast?? It seems like everyone I ask says 65-70 is about max reguardless if the engine is 120 HP or 155 HP.

Comment

About 61.
              SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
              We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
              Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

What would be top dollar to pay for a 98 XLT1200 in slightly above average condition with trailer?

Comment

Working...
                X