Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what an ending - warranty question

boy , after all that talk about the crank, you
    guys state a new policy and close the topic ?

i was waiting to hear a few questions like...
    why only 90 days on a part and 1 year on a
    reman motor ?
    you have little control on the motor. since customer must reinstall carbs - pipe - and break it in .
    since your motor warranty is no-fault - i doesn't
    really matter anyway.
    why not a 1 year - no fault on a crank ?

Or better yet, Trinc, why not a lifetime warranty on EVERYTHING, no fault?

I think SBT is quite generous for allowing no fault on the motors. SBT is a for-profit corporation guys, not a charity. They have to draw a line somewhere on warranty, otherwise they won't be around very long.

LET IT DROP PLEASE! [img]/graemlins/angryfire.gif[/img]

Thank you, I'm calm now, I've put in my .02 cents worth. I wasn't going to do it, but to see someone push it again I had to say something.

Oh, and Bryan, I think it was a very good move made to take warranty discussions private. Maybe now the site can get back to doing what it was intended for - a sharing of useful information on PWCs.

ShowMeSLT750

Comment

my point is that the crank in the motor is
      covered by the one year no fault warranty which is the same crank they sell seperately with only a 90 day warranty. why ?
      is it to sell motors ?

tim

Comment

In the case of a crankshaft vs. a complete engine, there are many more things to cause a warranty claim against the crankshaft. With our complete engines, we have complete control over the block itself, and are able to extend the warranty coverage through 12 months vs. 3. The No-Fault Policy is an extra bonus, certainly not something that is standard in the Personal Watercraft industry, and something we feel adds great value to our Engines as a product.

This is not related to Yamaha Tech Support, and is not a topic for debate. Our Warranty is well beyond most in the industry, and we do stand behind it 100%. If you as a customer need more Warranty coverage than we offer on our products, we advise you to buy new from your local Dealer.
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
        X