starter problems on XL1200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• starter problems on XL1200

I took your advice. It was the battery. Also removed the oil injection system and converted to pre-mix while everything was apart.

Thanks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have a '99 XL1200. Ski was running great on the last ride. I tried starting it after sitting for 2 months and it just barely turned over. Did the following: charged battery, pulled starter motor, tested, it is OK. Changed starter relay. Pulled jet drive, it turns OK. Pulled exhaust and cylinders. Motor turns over by hand turn at the coupler OK. It sounds like it's jammed up somewhere.

Help.

Rate Member
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Technical Support posted February 02, 2003 12:02 PM

SBT Technical Support
    Member # 2

I would rule out the battery and wiring by using a car battery and jumper cables (with the car OFF) to jump DIRECTLY to the starter, and if it still doesn't turn over, you need to look to the engine. You may have something amis at the front flywheel, or it may be internal.

Member Rated:

Hop To: Select a Forum: Category: General Discussions -------------------- Aftermarket Performance General Discussion Videos Favorite Riding Spots Technical Articles / F.A.Q. SBT Member Ski Profiles Category: Technical Support -------------------- Technical Support - Sea-Doo Technical Support - Yamaha Technical Support - Polaris Technical Support - Kawasaki Technical Support - Tigershark Technical Support - General Category: Classifieds -------------------- PWC's For Sale PWC's Wanted Parts & Accessories For Sale Parts & Accessories Wanted Trailers For Wanted / For Sale Category: About SBT -------------------- Questions about SBT The SBT Experience Announcements

Copyright © 1998-2003 Short Block Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. SBT is not to be held liable for typographical errors contained in this website.