Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jet pump unit crack...bad?

So I turned my ski over, and found this crack on the jet pump unit:

Does this need to be fixed? I really don't want to remove the propeller if I don't have to. (and yes, the intake screen is removed.)
    Last edited by diabloownr; 12-06-2005, 09:00 PM.

Re: Jet pump unit crack...bad?

Ouch....

I would replace it fi I were you.It will increase drag on the water and further deteriorate.
    Visit www.pwctoday.com for techical help

Comment

Re: Jet pump unit crack...bad?

I would try filling it with epoxy putty. I would use the stuff that comes in the shape of a cigar. Part 1 is inside part 2. Cut off a piece, roll in your hands to mix the two parts and use it like putty. To smooth the surface that is exposed, wet your fingers and rub to a smooth finish that matches the surrounding area. Give it 24 hours to harden. You would want to clean the metal to promote adhesion. I would spray it with a mild solution of acid and water, like the stuff used to clean boat bottoms of brown stain. Rinse with plenty of water and let dry. I think they even make a 2 part epoxy with aluminum in it but I think the differance is more for marketing than for strength.
      *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*
      Just because you are paranoid, it doesn't mean people aren't talking about you

Comment

Working...
      X