X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '99 XL760 electrical loss

Took ski out couple weeks ago and it ran fine
    for about 45 minutes. Was following friends brand new Moomba ski boat and jumping his wake. After a while, ski would cut off. Instruments screen would go blank!Start button do nothing. I would press the mode button and enter code then it would say "lock". Enter code again and it would say "start". Started ski and it would die again w/in 10 seconds. It seemed to do this mainly with harder riding and wake jumping. After a while, it seemed to be fine as long as we rode more mildly. Top speed was no problem. I must admit that I just installed a cheap Wal-Mart atv/watercraft battery in it 2 days before going out. Could my "tightwadness" be causing my delema? Do you think the lead plates in this cheap battery are shorting out due to the mildly aggressive riding? Any help/advise would be greatly appreciated !!! Thanks...

[ June 01, 2003, 10:59 PM: Message edited by: Saabtech ]

Everytime I had this happen on my Yamis, it was a bad battery or bad connections at the battery.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

You're supposed to charge the battery overnight before installing it in the craft to get it up to maximum charge. Did you?

- Craig
      - Craig<br /><br />'04 Baja 342<br />'04 GTX SC<br />'98 GTXL<br />'95 750 ZXI

Comment

Yes...battery was fully charged before using...

Comment

Re: '99 XL760 electrical loss

Did you ever get this figuared out? I have one that is doing something along the same lines.

Originally posted by Saabtech
          Took ski out couple weeks ago and it ran fine
          for about 45 minutes. Was following friends brand new Moomba ski boat and jumping his wake. After a while, ski would cut off. Instruments screen would go blank!Start button do nothing. I would press the mode button and enter code then it would say "lock". Enter code again and it would say "start". Started ski and it would die again w/in 10 seconds. It seemed to do this mainly with harder riding and wake jumping. After a while, it seemed to be fine as long as we rode more mildly. Top speed was no problem. I must admit that I just installed a cheap Wal-Mart atv/watercraft battery in it 2 days before going out. Could my "tightwadness" be causing my delema? Do you think the lead plates in this cheap battery are shorting out due to the mildly aggressive riding? Any help/advise would be greatly appreciated !!! Thanks...

[ June 01, 2003, 10:59 PM: Message edited by: Saabtech ]

Comment

Re: '99 XL760 electrical loss

Don't drag up old threads - the people are most likely not even around anymore. Email them if you want an update.
            SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
            We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
            Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
            X