Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yamaha: Fuel sender unit- Rubber Adapter.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha: Fuel sender unit- Rubber Adapter.

I’ve just discovered that the rubber adapter attaching the fuel sender unit to the fuel tank broke off, that is on a 2000 GP-800, (same part is used on different models and years).

After going online and not being able to find the part I called a dealer who wasn’t able to find it either, I called Yamaha directly to find out that their greedy people decided that this rubber adapter is sold as an integral part of the whole sending unit.

I’ve stated to them that this part is only five years old, not subject to weather and also a safety issue and they should consider making a recall for this bad engineering, also they have no reason to sale it as part of the whole sending unit since it is not molded to the unit, it’s just attached with one clamp to the unit and one clamp to the neck on the fuel tank.

The part # FOVU824BO300 and MSRP is $140.06. (In the link below you’ll see it as part #13 and the price is $00(we wish, LOL) only Yamaha were able to find the part # and price) http://216.37.204.206/Xtremepowerspo...e=13&A=77&B=16

Since I’m not willing to be a sucker and buy the whole unit, I was trying to fabricate an adapter from a fuel filler hose but it was just a little small to fit the neck on the fuel tank and not flexible enough even after trying to warm it with boiling water.

I’m sure many people came across this problem in the past and would be willing to advise me on a better way of getting it fixed.

For the people who care and don’t want to be ripped off by Yamaha; they’ll need to hear your voices!
    Here is a direct phone # 800-962-7926, if we can’t make them do the recall at least we’ll make them sale that part separately.

Good weekend.

Re: Yamaha: Fuel sender unit- Rubber Adapter.

The SBT Forums are for SBT Product Support ONLY. For all general PWC support/discussion, please post on www.pwctoday.com.

Thank you - SBT Mgt.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
    X