will not start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• will not start

about 3 years ago gf x had flooded a yamaha wave raider 760 i had ordered a new motor from sbt and installed it the engine turned but did not start i checked carbs and found thay where flooded too i cleaned and rebuilt that and i still have the problem no gas and no oil i tested started and silnoid and thay where good i went and did a spark test and i did not get one i did a polarity test and black and ornge wire tested good went to spark plug caps and tested them it only went about half the meter what would couse that and how do i get the thing started before i spend a nother 200 dollers on spark plug wires and stuff i just left the garage i have read the the kill switch might be at fault i have ruled that out now too the kill switch was diconected and still would not start [img]/graemlins/angryfire.gif[/img]

[ June 24, 2003, 08:43 PM: Message edited by: brownjasonm ]

OK lets first start at the swich. Disconnect the black and white connector, then disconect the red and brown connecter. With a jumper wire(roach clips) short the red and brown, thing should trun over. If not your solenoid, starter, battery, battery wires could be bad loose corroded or all the above.
    OK once you get it to trun over, using roach clips still, check for spark at plugs. If no spark is present them could be CDI, Stator, broke wires from stator to CDI etc. If you do have spark connect just the red and brown connector. Try start swicht, if engine dont turn bad start swich. Next connect the black and brown connector trun engine over and check for spark if no spark bad kill swicht. Simple and the connectors I am talking about are behind the gauge. What type of ski you have? If you want to contact me my number is 910-347-4019 ill try to help. [img]/graemlins/cwm27.gif[/img]

Comment

i beleav the stater is bad i checked all of those items you stated i replaced the spark plug wires and still no spark i then went to stater disconected it from the cdi and tested brown and blue nothing i am beleaving that it is the stater but if you know is there some way to test the cdi i have ran a tester across some of the prongs and i get great readings on some and then others are not that good i get home lat and am still up so if you could call me at 618-539-9823 ask for jason and thanks

Comment

Working...
      X