This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XLT 1200 Engine Miss

I am relatively new to the sport and need a little assistance with a 2004 Yamaha XLT 1200. History…the ski only has 5 hours of use. It was not used for over a year according to the last owner. Before I tried starting it up, I checked the compression, inspected the spark plugs and replaced the battery as it was completely dead…everything seemed to be in good condition. The first time I went to start the ski, the starter solenoid was stuck open allowing the engine to continually turn over when I went to hook up the battery (thus the dead battery). I replaced solenoid, inspected the ski for any other issues that I could think of and started it up. It seemed to run fairly rough out of the water and thought that it might run better in the water with a fresh tank of gas. During the first time out on the water with fresh gas, it seemed to sputter and miss like one of the plugs wasn’t sparking around 3500 rpms. It sputtered and missed around 3000 and 4000, but not nearly as bad as it did at 3500. Anytime it was below 3000 and above 4000, it ran great. I replaced the spark plugs and took it out again to have the exact same miss/sputter happen at the same rpms. Is this a characteristic of the ski…I can’t imagine that something more serious would be wrong with the low hours it has? Any help is appreciated!

Re: XLT 1200 Engine Miss

The SBT Forums are for SBT Product Support ONLY. For all general PWC support/discussion, please post on www.pwctoday.com.

Thank you - SBT Mgt.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
    X