Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SUV 1200 carb questions

Hi all,

I just put a new SBT engine in my 99 SUV. I rebuilt the carbs and installed new 1.2 needles/seats. Everything is stock. Following SBT's advice in these forums and the carb rebuild instructions, I used the smaller spring under the needle arm, which left the pop-off between 35 and 37. With this configuration, the ski starts really easy - almost too easy. After sitting overnight it fires right up with no choke, just a little throttle.

The real issue is I'm getting dribble on all three carbs, and I probably have at least one of the low screws a little lean (7/8, 1, and 7/8 turns, respectively) because when I first start it after sitting for a while, the idle is about 750 RPM higher, but then settles down after 5 seconds or so. I guess it could be extra fuel loading up the intake and initially burning off since it's obviously getting past the needle. If I turn out the lows an 1/8 turn, it currently feels like it's loading a little. Keep in mind I haven't had the ski in the water yet so I don't know how it will run under a load. I'm thinking I need to go to either a heavier spring or back to the stock spring to stop the dribble, then turn out the low screws to the recommended settings.

So given my problem, which spring should I use and where should I set the pop-off to stop the dribble? If I use the stock spring, it does start a little hard cold, but it's nothing I can't live with.

Thanks!

Joe

Re: SUV 1200 carb questions

A pop-off of 35 will not cause dribble. Retest your pop-off with the diaphram and cover on to make sure your arm is not bent up too far, lowering your pop-off when assembled.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Re: SUV 1200 carb questions

I hadn't thought of that. I'll give it a try. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X