FX140 Seized engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FX140 Seized engine

I have an '03 FX140 and somehow water got into the engine and it appears to have locked up. I pulled the plugs and saw water in the fourth chamber. I have tried several things to get the engine rotating with no luck. Tried moving shaft with no luck. Is my only option to replace the engine or what? Also how difficult is it to replace the engine?

thanks for the advice in advance

AP

Re: FX140 Seized engine

It definitely sounds like you have internal damage, yes. It's not terribly difficult to swap that engine, but we won't have a DIY guide for a few months yet. I suggest buying a Service Manual right now if you wan to do it yourself - it will take you at least 8 hour for the swap.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

When putting the new engine in, are there critical adjustments that need to be made? Repair shops on mt area are looking to charge me $1100 plus fo the installation and shipping. Sounds too much to me.

Originally posted by Technical Support
      It definitely sounds like you have internal damage, yes. It's not terribly difficult to swap that engine, but we won't have a DIY guide for a few months yet. I suggest buying a Service Manual right now if you wan to do it yourself - it will take you at least 8 hour for the swap.

Comment

No, it's all set to bolt up and run. $1100 is not unreasonable.

Comment

If I have the time and some skills what would be the benefit to having someone else install it?

No, it's all set to bolt up and run. $1100 is not unreasonable.

Comment

Is that a trick question? lol Nothing, I guess...time and skill is all it takes.

Comment

No trick questions, just don't want to waste the money. Hey I appreciate the info. One last question- what special tools are required?

Have a great day and a better tomorrow!
              AP

Is that a trick question? lol Nothing, I guess...time and skill is all it takes.

Comment

Torx/allen/regular sockets, dykes, screw driver, flywheel puller, zip ties, oil, loctite blue threadlocker.

Before you do anything you need to get an OEM Service Manual so you know where you're going and how to get there though - it covers everything.

Comment

Working...
                X