Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GP-800 Sounds Wrong

Perhaps someone can help on this -

I have a 2001 Yamaha GP-800 with the powervalve. Last year I replaced the engine (after the powervalve let loose) with an SBT engine. It ran fine and I layed it up properly over the winter . She started fine when I fired her up.

My question is the Yam used to make a short whirring/whine sound a couple of seconds after the engine was shut off - as if there is a solenoid or some other actuator resetting itself. I never found out what the sound was but now it is not making the sound and I'm concerned that something is wrong - perhaps the power valve actuator?

Does anyone out there know what the sound is and what I need to check now that it does not do it?

Thanks!

Peter

Re: GP-800 Sounds Wrong

It's the powervalve servo motor. It also does it when you go to start eh ski. Check your connections, then possibly replace the motor.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Thanks for the tip - I will check it out. Any tips on where I can go to get one of these servomotors aftermarket in the event it is bad?

My local Yamaha dealer would carry it but I'm sure the price will be steep.

Peter

Comment

Dealer only.
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
        X