1997 GP 1200 - Compression Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1997 GP 1200 - Compression Question

120, 120, 90 <- rear cylinder, what does this mean? how much time/money am I looking at to correct, is it ok to run on this compression?

Carbs were just rebuilt and everything else runs pefectly.

Any help is appreciated.

Re: 1997 GP 1200 - Compression Question

No,it is not good to run with those readings.

If you are looking for someone local to diagnose what happened and what you need to do,shot me a PM or email. The cylinders need to be pulled to see what happened,and what you need to do to repair it.

Or,you could just go with a rebuilt motor from SBT here,and have a new motor and a warranty.
    Visit www.pwctoday.com for techical help

Comment

Thanks for the reply...

It's been a while since I've been on these forums and forgot that this belongs on PWCToday.com

I've done an SBT exchange before and I'm comfortable working on them, when look inside the cylinder I see no debris on top of the piston (i did see debris on my old one that I replaced the whole engine)

So it's definitely not ok to run?

Comment

I wouldnt run it. I assume that was you that posted a similar thread over at PWCtoday...There are some very knoledgable people over there,and some that just talk to be heard.

My buddy had a 98 that had similar reading as yours,it didnt last but a few hours after I told him not to run it.
        Visit www.pwctoday.com for techical help

Comment

Ya that was me...

Comment

Working...
          X