Power Valves & SBT Replacement Engines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Valves & SBT Replacement Engines

I just bought a 2001 Yamaha XLT1200. The dealer just installed an SBT engine last fall. I've been reading about the power valve problems on the PWCToday.com forum and I'm wondering what modifications SBT made to their engines to resolve this concern. Do I need to get a set of wave eater clips/pins to prevent the powervalve pin fall out concern? Any other advice regarding break-in is appreciated as I don't think the ski has been run since the motor was replaced.

Also, the copy of the RO from the dealer also says the YPVS motor is inop and needs to be replaced for an estimated $425. Are these motors rebuildable/repairable? Is buying a used one worth the trouble (as maybe these motors go out all the time or something) or should I bite the bullet for a new one?

Thanks,
    Steve

Re: Power Valves & SBT Replacement Engines

The servo motors very rarely go out, but i have not heard of anyone rebuilding them, when they do. Yes it's needed.

Our powervalves have the updated collars and we use our own lever link design to capture the pins - no issues.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
    X