Waverunner III--won't start!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waverunner III--won't start!

I have a '93 650 waverunner that will not do a thing. I put a new battery in it. Looked at the fuse and it's good. Took the handle bar switch apart and bypassed that...nothing. Removed the plugs and output shaft cover and turned the shaft by hand so it's NOT locked up. Took the electrical box apart and jumped the starter relay off and the engine DID turn over thus starter is good. Assumed that the starter relay was bad and installed a brand new one, assembled everything, hooked battery back up and nothing. I have not used a meter on any of the wires or componets yet. Any ideas, please! I'm really puzzled???

If you jumped the relay and it cranked, I would assume you installed the new one incorrectly, or your start switch is not working/making contact. You will need to meter the switch assembly, that's where I'd put my money.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

At the relay the brown wire is hot when the swich is press "Start". Most important is the black ground wire, make sure that the the contacts are clean and tight. I test light will help you or a meter. Seems like you and electrical anomaly probably in the swich or my money is on the swich. :D

Comment

Working...
      X