Fuel Pump on 96 1100 Yam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Pump on 96 1100 Yam

Trying to help a friend long distance here. Ski sat for about a year now it will not start, got good spark and it turns over great. Pulled plugs and they are dry. Poured a little mixed gas down carbs, fires for a few seconds and dies. Did this 10 times and told him to look at fuel filter to see is gas is filling yet, NO. Drippped in mix of gas/oil in carbs 10 more time still no flow thru filter. I'm guessin his fuel pump gaskets got rotten and are shot. My Q is what kind fuel pump does this ski run off? The old two output job or would a MIKUNI THREE OUTLET FUEL PUMP do the job too??
    Any help would be great.
    Happy Thanksgiving!

It is a single outlet pump.

They are about $40.

The filters in the carbs could be clogged also.

They clog very easily. Also pull the pickup in the tank and check that out. Also check out the fuel control valve.

[ November 29, 2003, 12:27 AM: Message edited by: anapg77 ]
    J-me
    05 Bayliner 175
    98 GP 1200 Yamaha factory support hull, Lamey engine, Skat pump

Comment

You might want to verify that he did actually turn the fuel control valve "ON." More than once I've spent the first ten or twenty minutes of a play-day swearing at my toy, only to finally realize that I failed to turn the gas on. I think the fact that most of us spend so much time in vehicles where the fuel is always on makes it an easy step to forget.

jim
      '98 Yamaha GP1200<br />'98 Kawasaki 1100 STX

Comment

Sounds similar to a problem with my 1200 earlier this year. Check the fuel selector knob. Even though it said it was ON, it wasn't. The knob wasn't aligned correctly and there was no fuel when it indicated ON. I had to turn it past ON until it stopped before I had fuel.

Comment

Working...
        X