wr500f maintenance.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wr500f maintenance.

I just acquired a 1990? wr500f waverunner that has been sitting for about 5 years. I have changed the plugs, put in fresh gas, rebuilt my carburettor, and my ski runs. Before I take it to the lake, I would like to change the crankcase oil but I am unable to find instructions on how this is done or if it is necessary. It has probably never been done, the people I got it from weren't real big on maintenance. I can't find a dipstick or oil filler anywhere. If anyone can give me some instruction on performing this I would appreciate it.

Re: wr500f maintenance.

I just bought an 89 wr500f too, I asked the seller about changing the crankcase oil and he told me that its a twostroke with premixed gas that lubes the crank.------Any tips on maintenance for my wr500 would be Greatly Appreciated as I'm a newbie

Comment

Re: wr500f maintenance.

That's correct, nothing to change. The crank receives it's lubrication through the fuel/oil mixture. Just like a weed eater or a chain saw. As long as there is oil in the fuel, the crank is getting fresh oil constantly.

Comment

Working...
      X