New Carb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Carb

Can anyone give me any links to places to buy a new carb or is rebuilding the carb just as good as buying a new one? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
    "America Loves a Winner And Will Not Tolerate A Loser"

As long as the carb body is'nt damaged, rebuilding is just as good. What is wrong with yours?
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

not sure if anything is wrong with carb, but was replacing a bad engine

Comment

Are you wanting stock or aftermarket one and what kind of ski?

Comment

I have a 1996 Waveraider 700 I would buy a aftermarket carb for the right price. I priced a oem carb it runs 256.00. I believe that I can beat that price some where, but if not I will rebuild mine, I just want something reliable.

[ January 28, 2004, 05:14 PM: Message edited by: Ronnie Sell. ]

Comment

JUST REBUILD IT! [img]graemlins/spit.gif[/img] You don't need any special tools...and it's easy if you take your time!

Mike

Comment

Thanks for the info. Now just waiting on my taxes to get back so i can get my sbt motor and get everything installed, cant wait for this riding season. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Ronnie,
                Go to the video section here and watch all of the videos on carb rebuilding. Helps alot

Comment

Also spend the money on a nice impack driver (sear's) has one for about $20 bucks. get your self a nice brass hammer at least two pounds. Get a piece of 2x4 10 inches long and go to town.
                  Place the carb on the 2X4 with four screws up opposite four screw's will sit on board. Using the impact driver hit the screws (top) till screw's are loose, turn carb around and do the same thing.
                  You will find 1000 and 1 uses for that impact driver so it's money in tha bank! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

yes i second that after doing a carb rebuild on my sea doo and i almost stripped the 2 screws that hold the body, i was freeking, so i went out and bought one also

Comment

Thanks for all the input. I am going to rebuild myself. I'm just tring to eliminate as much future problems as possible.

Comment

Working...
                      X