Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 701 SJ question or two!

Hello SBT,
    I just picked up a used 00 Sj. The motor was rebuilt last season and the ski was used mostly for Racing (stk class) So there isnt alot of time on the motor. I pulled the motor apart and the crank case was full of oil??? Not dirty used oil but Bright blue two stroke oil? This motor has no oil pump, its pre mix. I am in Michigan and it could be That this was the previous owners way of winterizing the motor! I can't really see how else the oil got there.

Question#2
    What is a good piston to wall clearance for this motor, this motor has new 80mm wiseco pistons istalled and the pistons seam overly loose! and isnt 80mm the stk bore size? If so is it ok to install new piston in an old bore? If not I want to know before I reasemble the motor!
    I havent ridden this ski yet thats why I pulled it down to make sure it was right before spring comes so i'm not wrenching instead of riding. thx in advance! Great site with helpful advice.
    Binxx

Yes that's stock nore. You always set Wisecos up looser than cast pistons, they expand faster. 6-7 thou is good for them.

The oil was put there, no other explanation. NOT the right way to winterize however.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Thx for the quick response! Once again great service! I figured thats how the oil got there just needed a little piece o mind!
      Binxx

Comment

You better double check cause I am pretty sure that the superjet comes with 81mm bore stock.

Comment

Working...
        X